Monday, February 20, 2012

Packing: spring break, leaving straight from the office

It's not uncommon to have to go straight from the office to the train/car/airport, so this selection accommodates that need.  An oxford striped shirtdress as a swimsuit cover-up, some more modest shorts, and more dresses than before make this a very adult vacation ensemble!

Tee – Splendid, blazer & pants – 3.1 Phillip Lim,  tote – Alexander McQueen, earrings – ice.com, bracelet – Chan Luu,  flats – Bottega Veneta, carry-on bag - Victorinox

swimsuits – Nina Ricci, flat metallic sandals – Jimmy Choo, navy & white striped oxford shirtdress – Thom Browne, stripeacd dress – Michael Kors, print cardigan – Crumpet England, Dress – Diane Von Furstenberg, draped top – Alloy, white sneakers – Keds, tee shirts – Splendid, tie-dyed shorts – Henrik Vibskov, white shorts – Lanvin, print skirt – Marni, striped espadrilles – Kate Spade, white skirt – Closed, striped tee shirt – Nicole Farhi



11 comments:

  1. This is just lovely ... ideal for the woman attracted to the classic look. The pieces can be worked into a "summer at home" wardrobe as well. You have put on display your ability to design quite different wardrobes for different age groups ... all three beautiful Bravo.

    Susan in WA

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would be perfect for my spring break to Singapore/Darwin in July this year. Part of my trip is a holiday and then my husbands work conference, so a bit dressier for dinner 2 nights and a formal dinner the last night, are there any tricks with this sort of wardrobe/packing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I knew I had additional dressy events, I'd include something like a silk skirt and matching top, or a pair of silk pants, or another dress. And some shoes that will give the impression that you're dressing up specifically for a formal occasion - something metallic, or with jeweled trim. There's a great article about Darwin in the newest edition of Monocle Magazine - if you haven't seen it, you might want to hunt it down, or check online.
    thanks for being here,
    Vivienne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vivienne for the ideas, now I need to find the garments. I haven't heard about the Monocle Magazine, I will try and find a copy.

      Delete
  4. So helpful and inspiring...and faithful study of your blog is making me a much more strategic shopper (as well as, alas, raising my credit card bills!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love this Vivienne. It's time for a respite from the Portland rain for a week or two!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The ad that appeared with this post in my RSS reader was about publishing your book. I hope this is on your agenda -- your blog is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice collection. Can you also make a set for Europe?

    From my observations, I've noticed that especially American women stand out because they wear shorts, camis (without covering their shoulders /arms) and mix&match instead of wearing dresses. Otherwise they wear trousers, baggy t-shirts and comfortable shoes. I haven't seen very many of the local women over 30 in such clothing. I've tried to break the code, but still look like a Dutch or German turist. Mostly the locals ask if we come from Switzerland. :-)

    S.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those shorts are so hip! I never wear shorts or camis, S. Even in my youth, did not wear shorts except around a pool in LA, say.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the prints in this set. And I like Anonymous idea above to create a capsule for Europe with skirts and dresses. I notice when I am abroad women favor long skirts with a lot of movement to them and tops with sleeves.

    ReplyDelete