Monday, January 28, 2013

2013 Accent: African violet, with warm colors

I thought that this one was challenging, so I tossed in some accessories that blend warm colors with the cool of the violet.  I think it turned out quite well!

Earrings – Marie-Helene de Taillac, sweatshirt – Girl by Band of Outsiders, sunglasses – Madewell, cardigan – J Brand, silk tee shirt – Patrizia Pepe, watch – Burberry, scarf – Hermès, oxfords - Miista



Top row – L.L.Bean, cream shirt – Kitsune, peach blouse – Chloe, cardigan & v-neck sweater – L.L.Bean, brown long-sleeved tee – La Garconne, tan pants – Jil Sander, cream jeans – Les Copains, brown pants – Maison Martin Margiela

Pantone Spring/Summer 2013


5 comments:

  1. I do not look good in most of these soft cool colors even when paired with a warm color. But leave it to Hermes to have a scarf that serves as a beautiful starting point. Well done, and I hope your husband is better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very pretty combinations. Even though I am a "Winter", these would work for me with the violet being close to the face. Sorry, I don't care for the shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bridging pieces you've selected! A wonderful lesson in how to make any accent color work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The funky shoes so cleverly bring everything together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so funny - I too think the shoes bring it all together, but just couldn't imagine myself wearing them!

      Delete